How to change a fuse
It’s really important that when an electrical issue occurs in the home that you do not attempt to correct the issue yourself and instead, seek the help of a professional. There are however, times when an issue can be resolved with the simple change of a fuse, however, if this doesn’t rectify the problem, we urge you to contact a professional electrical services company like ourselves.
If, like many, you’re unfamiliar with fuses and how to change one, you’ll find this article helpful.
A fuse acts as a protective component that cuts off any power within an appliance if the circuit overloads or if there’s an electrical fault. For example, a lamp that suddenly doesn’t switch on may need its fuse replacing.
- You’ll often find the fuse in the fuse holder located inside the plug, whereby simply opening the cover with the tip of a flat-headed screwdriver will reveal exactly which fuse you’ll need to replace it with.
- If there’s no fuse holder visible, unscrew the base of the plug – it could be located inside.
- Remove the fuse from the plug.
- Check the amperage of the old fuse and replace with the same amperage.
- Reconnect the cover and test the appliance to see if the problem is resolved.
For any electrical issues or faults, please contact our reliable team today!